- GCSE and A-level results 'could be affected by bias' July 11, 2020GCSE and A-level students in England could get poor grades due to bias from teachers, say MPs
- Cambridge University: Care-leaver graduate is college's first July 9, 2020Kasmira Kincaid, 25, overcame a "chaotic" home life to graduate from Corpus Christi College.
- GCSE and A-level results 'could be affected by bias' July 11, 2020
- Green recovery at the heart of this year’s Bees’ Needs Week July 12, 2020Bees' Needs Week is back for the fifth year running from 13 - 19 July
- Consultation launched on doubling maximum sentence for assaulting an emergency worker July 12, 2020Anyone who assaults or attacks emergency workers could face longer jail terms, as a consultation on doubling the maximum penalty for the offence is launched today.
- Green recovery at the heart of this year’s Bees’ Needs Week July 12, 2020
Useful weblinksNational Governor's Association School & College performance tables Worcestershire County Council: Schools OFSTED Edulink4Schools
Following the WAG Executive meeting yesterday 15th January 2018, this website will be undergoing maintenance and revision. Please continue to check for updates and address any issues to : Chair@waguk.org.
For those that could not attend please find copies of Speaker presentations here….http://opening-doors.org.uk/images/WAG2016/Website_Image_Gallery/WAG2016_-MASTER_PPTPresentation.pdf
The Photogallery of the evening will be live shortly. As we approach the Summer break no news yet re NF3 consultation part 2 despite new Ministerial changes introduced by Prime Minister May. As events develop we will continue to campaign and monitor the response.
The event has generated a lot of positive feedback which can only enhance our reputation, Nationally this has resulted in furthering Professional links with Legal and Accountancy service providers, this will ensure VFM for members as we all head towards 2022! Speaking invitations are also filling my diary into 2017 as we seek to secure better outcomes for our Worcestershire children and the greater education community.
The WAG website will be being refreshed over the coming weeks ready for a New Autumn term. As your Chair I am pleased to be asked to sit on the first Babcockprime Grant awards panel, there are some very worthy and innovative bids submitted and as this fund grows I look forward to seeing all eligible schools bidding.
Have a great Summer.
Worcestershire Association of Governors (WAG) is pleased to invite you to join us on July 6 at the Sixways Stadium, Worcester, for the free to attend MAT: Question Time event incorporating the 2016 Annual General Meeting.