- Concerns over impartiality of school abuse review May 12, 2021Ofsted cannot conduct an impartial review into allegations of sex abuse in schools, a teaching union says.
- Universities could face fines over free speech breaches May 12, 2021Universities in England could face fines if they fail to protect free speech on campus under new legislation.
- Concerns over impartiality of school abuse review May 12, 2021
- Environment Agency launches new flooding Action Plan May 11, 2021The Environment Agency's FCERM Strategy Action Plan will help to better protect over hundreds of thousands more homes and businesses in the years ahead.
- Universities to comply with free speech duties or face sanctions May 11, 2021Landmark Bill will require universities to promote freedom of speech on campus and legal duties will also be extended to students' unions
- Environment Agency launches new flooding Action Plan May 11, 2021
Useful weblinksNational Governor's Association School & College performance tables Worcestershire County Council: Schools OFSTED Edulink4Schools
Following the WAG Executive meeting yesterday 15th January 2018, this website will be undergoing maintenance and revision. Please continue to check for updates and address any issues to?? 😕 Chair@waguk.org.
For those that could not attend please find copies of Speaker presentations here….http://opening-doors.org.uk/images/WAG2016/Website_Image_Gallery/WAG2016_-MASTER_PPTPresentation.pdf
The??Photogallery?of the?evening?will be?live ?shortly. As we approach the Summer break no news yet re NF3 consultation part 2 despite new Ministerial changes introduced by Prime Minister May. As events develop we will continue to campaign and monitor the response.
The event has generated a lot of positive feedback which can only enhance?our reputation,? Nationally this has resulted in furthering Professional links with Legal and Accountancy service providers, this will ensure VFM for members as we all head towards 2022! Speaking invitations are also filling my diary into 2017 as we seek to secure better outcomes for our Worcestershire children?and the ?greater education community.
The WAG website will be being refreshed over the coming weeks ready for a New Autumn term. As your Chair I am pleased to be asked to sit on the first Babcockprime Grant awards panel, there are some very worthy and innovative bids submitted and as this fund grows I look forward to seeing all eligible schools bidding.
Have a great Summer.
Worcestershire Association of Governors (WAG) is pleased to invite you to join us on July 6 at the Sixways Stadium, Worcester, for the free to attend MAT: Question Time event incorporating the 2016 Annual General Meeting.